Autism Delaware posts open positions as they become available.
Direct Support Professionals
To support adults with autism engaged in community-based activities through job coaching and social/recreational programming. Positions require a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record. Must use personal vehicle and candidates must be at least 21 years old. $10-$13 per hour. Knowledge of autism a plus. Send resume to: Resumes.Power@delautism.org.
JOB TITLE: Southern Delaware Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Development Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: FLSA: Non-exempt
The Southern Delaware Development Assistant position works under the supervision of the Development Director as a member of the agency-wide development team. This position supports the state-wide operation of fundraising events, volunteer management, development planning, and events specific to southern Delaware run by both Autism Delaware and community supporters. This is a full-time hourly position.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of basic fundraising methods, including special events, annual giving and donor stewardship
- Experience running special events
- Excellent team work skills
- College degree preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skil
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software including database systems, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, copiers, calculators and facsimile machines.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT
- Adherence to all policies and procedures
- Punctual and regular attendance as scheduled.
- Successful, safe and effective implementation of job tasks
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the incumbent. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
This is a full-time hourly position requiring an average of 37.5 hours per week. General hours of operation are 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend hours will be a routine part of the position and are required to complete many job functions. The position is based in Autism Delaware’s Lewes office; routine travel to Newark and other locations in Delaware will be required to complete assignments.
JOB RELATED DUTIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Understands and models agency and department’s commitments, mission, vision and treatment philosophy
– Actively participates in meetings, demonstrating self-awareness, responsibility, initiative and professionalism in accordance with our options policy.
– Is flexible and accommodating in unplanned or crisis situations.
– Seeks and accepts help and direction freely and when needed.
– Demonstrates follow through on team’s goals and plans.
– Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing professional development through the study and practice of new skills and knowledge in the field.
– Seeks to gain a thorough understanding of programs, supports and services provided by the organization.
– Seeks to promote Autism Delaware effectively and as one state-wide organization.
Effectively supports fundraising events for the organization
– Supports major fundraising events in Kent and Sussex Counties, including the Blue Jean Ball, the Walk, the AAA 400 Drive for Autism race event and other events. This includes but is not limited to:
supporting event committees and communication between committee members and the office, managing event logistics such as setup/breakdown and registration, recruiting new event participants, sponsors, and auction items, processing tickets, sponsorships, gifts and auction items into the database, creating acknowledgements for donors, volunteers, and vendors
– Provides administrative support to other agency events including, but not limited to: The Drive for Autism, The Northern Auction, and the Awards Night.
Facilitates increased volunteer activity in the organization
– Implements new and existing volunteer recruitment strategies to increase the volunteer network of the organization, specifically in Kent and Sussex Counties.
– Ensures events have appropriate volunteers and committees in place.
– Assists in volunteer trainings for general and specific volunteer activities.
– Records pertinent information and activity in the database in a timely manner.
– Works with the development team in setting up and implementing the annual volunteer awards event.
Works effectively with the statewide development team to ensure excellent service delivery and support the overall development plan
– Supports stewardship of donors, vendors, and other key community partners.
– Seeks opportunities for improving acquisition and management of resources.
– Works to convert event goers and volunteers to direct giving
– Collaborates with team members and other agency staff to reach both fundraising and strategic goals for the organization.
Effectively and professionally manages documentation
– Provides clear, accurate, and thorough reporting of areas of responsibility.
– Maintains excellent notes and records and submits all required documents in a timely fashion.
– Learns organizational database systems.
– Provides support to other organizational departments as needed.
– Assists with scheduling for programs, meetings and activities.
1. Participates in agency functions.
2. Safely manages all aspects of job responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe & hazard–free work area. Effectively monitors facilities & equipment for cleanliness and hazards. Raises concerns when appropriate.
- Identifies potential program risks and brings these issues to the attention of the appropriate people immediately.
Internships may be available in the following areas contingent upon the agency’s needs at the time:
- Public Relations and communications
- Policy Advocacy
- Non-profit Management
- Website maintenance and development
- Event management
For more information on any of our available internships, please contact Executive Director Teresa Avery at email@example.com.