Save the date
April 1, 2017
Cape Henlopen State Park
Click HERE to set up your team’s walk page.
What’s Up At the Walk?
Park Entry & Parking:
- Park entry fees are waived for anyone participating in the walk. Just let them know at the entry booth
- Parking will be in the large lot near the pavilion and bath house
- Only registered service animals are allowed at the walk. Your service animal must have their service vest on.
- Stollers are welcomed and encouraged so little legs don’t get tired or wander off. The walk path is completely paved.
- Check in begins at 9am. The walking portion of the event starts at 11am and the event concludes at 1pm.
- Walkers interested in earning a shirt must have collected at least $50 in donations
- We have 2 food trucks this year. Grottos Pizza and Rosenfeld’s Deli Truck. Trucks are cash only so bring some cash with you.
- The walk is a rain or shine event. We prefer shine but we will be there in any case.
- You asked, we listened. The new walk path is adjacent to the beach. It will be an up and back walk as opposed to the long loop of years past. The entire route is 2 miles up and back.
- The walk route is completely paved.
- Course monitors will be on hand to help and offer water to thirsty walkers.
- Vendors with goods and services of interest to the autism community will be on hand under the exhibitor tent.