2018 Walk for Autism
April 21, 2018
Fox Point State Park
What’s Up At the Walk?
Park Entry & Parking:
- Parking for the walk is at Merchant Square shopping Center on the corner of Governor Printz Blvd. and Edgemoore Rd. Please park and catch a shuttle over to the park. Volunteers will be on hand to help with strollers, etc.
- Family drop off is also available. Drive directly to the park, let the booth attendant know that you’re dropping off. Drop your family off right at the front of the park. Then head back over to Merchant Square and catch a shuttle over to the park to meet back up with your family. Volunteers will be on hand to help with strollers, etc.
- Handicap Parking: A standard handicap placard will not gain you entry into the park on walk day. We have a very limited number of handicapped parking spots and they are reserved for individuals in wheel chairs or those who are not ambulatory. Please email email@example.com for a special parking pass.
- Only trained service animals are allowed at the walk. No pets, please.
- Stollers are welcomed and encouraged so little legs don’t get tired or wander off. The walk path is completely paved.
- Check in begins at 9am. The walking portion of the event starts at 11am and the event concludes at 1pm.
- Walkers interested in earning a shirt must have collected at least $50 in donations
- We have 4 food trucks this year. Grottos Pizza, I Don’t Give a Fork, Koi On the Go and Wahlburger’s. The Dunkin Donuts Community Cruiser will also be on hand with free coffee to keep us all caffeinated and warm. Trucks are cash only so bring some cash with you.
- The walk is a rain or shine event. We prefer shine but we will be there in any case.
- The walk path is 2 miles if you choose the long way and 1 mile if you choose the short cut.
- The walk route is completely paved.
- Course monitors will be on hand to help and offer water to thirsty walkers.
- Vendors with goods and services of interest to the autism community will be on hand under the exhibitor tent.